Xocolatl

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Basque Grilled Chicken Wings

I am the Queen of sweets, but I love cooking savory food too... I mean, the markets right now offer sooo many products from all over the world, that I want to try it all!!! :D
But sometimes I feel like something simple, easy, quick but tasty too! This is when these wings come very handy. They are done in 20 minutes and they are very tasty and conforting too!. Got the recipe from Epicurious.
As you now I'm basque therefore I love this. Sorry, but they were so good that I didn't even get a chance to take a picture, I blinked and they were gone... I promise next time I make them I'll try to get a pic! LOL. For now here is the recipe.

Basque Grilled Chicken Wings:

3 large garlic cloves, chopped
8 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
5-15 dashes Tabasco Sauce, adjust to taste.
3 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
20 organic chicken wings
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper.

Method:

In a large serving bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the wings.

You will notice that the wing has two joints. Cut through both joints, separating the wing into three pieces. The wing tip is not usable here, so either toss it out or freeze it and throw it into your next stock, a purpose for which these are excellent.
Salt and pepper the wing pieces to taste and whip them onto a medium-hot grill. Turn them occasionally until golden brown, about 5 minutes. To see if they're done, take a big one off the grill and bite into it. :)

When the wings are cooked through, add them to the bowl with the dressing and mix to thoroughly cover. Set them on a platter, open a cold beer, and enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment