Xocolatl

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Simple Lavender Banana Nut Bread

We are in summer full force... hot and humid, so I had a bunch of bananas and they went super ripe on me in no time, so I had to figure out different ways of using them, and use them quick. First I made Banana Sorbet, that turned out super refreshing and sweet... I'll be posting that recipe soon! 
With the other ones I made this super flowery Lavender Banana Nut Bread. My two huge lavender bushes are filled with tons of lavender buds, so I decided to incorporate them in this super easy recipe.


Banana Bread
(Makes 1 loaf)

Preheat your oven to 350 F

5 tablespoons of softened butter
2 eggs
2 very ripe bananas
2/3 cup of sugar, I only used 1/3 because the bananas were super sweet and we don't like ours too sweet.
Using a fork, squish the banana and mix all the above ingredients together.

In another bowl combine these dry ingredients:
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon lavender buds (in my case fresh, but if you have dried or culinary lavender oil, go for it)

Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until they are blended together. I also added a handful of chopped pecans but by all means add any other nuts that you like. 
Pour the batter into a greased or parchment paper lined baking pan until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Bake for about 40 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes and remove from the pan to cool.
 As you can see in the pics, I had my piece with green tea infused with fresh lavender buds... insanely good!


I went a little overboard with the lavender... LOL! I even infused the creme fraiche that I spread over my slice... It was simply lavender heaven on a plate.


Give it a try, You won't regret it, I promise! ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment