Xocolatl

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

No-Cook Vegan Chia Pudding with Fruit and Pistachios

I have to confess that I had been looking at chia for a while, like I always do when I see something new to me... I love to try new things, but I was not really sure want to do with it... One or my Mexican friends had told me that it is super good for you, that in Mexico is very popular, they add it to nutritious drinks, you can put add it to yogurt, salads... so I just took the leap and bought it, and to my surprise in the back of the bag there was a recipe for Chia Pudding... It sounded interesting so I gave it a try and I was greatly surprised and very happy that I did... It turned out to be delicious, plus sooo easy to make. You don't even have to cook it!!! For real!!!

I read a little bit about it and like the name of my Etsy shop: Xocolatl, the word Chia comes also from the Nahuatl, chia comes from the word chian which means oily, it's also know as Salvia Hispanica and it belongs to the mint family, very popular and cultivated in southern Mexico and Guatemala, cultivated by the Aztec and it was as important to them as maize.

It has 6 grams of fiber, 2.9 grams of Omega-3 and 3 grams of protein per serving, and it's often considered the richest plant-based source of dietary fiber, protein and Omega-3

Vegan Chia Pudding

1/4 cup Chia seeds
1 cup coconut milk 
3 tablespoons organic Maple syrup (Grade B is my favorite, less processed)

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
Serve and Enjoy!

I got this cute little blue enamel plate from housevintage which just made everything pop out! So cute!


It turned out to be the perfect lunch since today I was very busy making orders for Mother's Day so I wanted to have something nutritious, healthy and quick, so I mixed it in the morning and by lunch time it was ready to eat.
I had a super ripe, sweet and delicious mango, some organic strawberries, I simply chopped them up along with some healthy pistachio to add some crunch to it and VoilĂ !
It was outstanding! Loved it!



... I promise you will love it to. Sometimes is super easy and tasty to be a little healthy, this recipe is definitely a keeper!



No comments:

Post a Comment