Xocolatl

Friday, July 19, 2013

Cherry-Lime Beer Bread

Sweet delicious cherries, tangy limes and ice cold beer... They all scream summer time to me, that's why I decided to put them all together in this super quick and easy recipe, that BTW is google's number one recipe for beer bread, and so far I have to agree with them.

 
You can change it in so many ways, I mean... The sky is the limit, last month during our vacation to Spain, I made one beer bread for my family adding coarsely chopped dark chocolate and hazelnuts, and it was a total hit... It was not even cool yet and we were eating it like there was no tomorrow... hehe.

 
I've made other variations, like white chocolate macadamia, cranberry pistachio, milk chocolate and coconut... And even a bunch of savory ones like sharp cheddar cheese and fresh thyme, parmesan and sun dried tomato to mention a couple, whatever floats your boat basically. 


These are the ingredients you'll need to make one loaf:

3 cups shifted (shifting not optional) all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 (12 ounce) can of beer. For this specific recipe I used Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups fresh pitted cherries cut in halves or quarters
The zest of one lime

 
Mix all the dry ingredients, mix with the beer. Pour into loaf pan, I like to line mine with parchment paper, it comes out easier I think, but by all means feel free to use a greased loaf pan. For this one I used these cute wax loaf paper liners... cute!

Pour over melted butter and bake in a 375 F preheated oven for about an hour or until a super nice, crunchy, buttery and golden crust is formed. 
Remove from pan, and cool for at least 15 minutes, if you can that is... hehe.


 
For me this bread is better enjoyed the same day you bake it, (I like mine warm) but it will come back to life the day after if toasted in a toaster oven... Which in our home it rarely happens, we usually eat the whole thing the same day :)














No comments:

Post a Comment